The Chemins de Fer de Provence closed the Gare du Sud in December 1991 and moved its terminating services to Nice CP. On 1 January 1890, the Jura–Bern–Luzern including the Gümligen–Lucerne line, which was owned by the canton of Bern, and the Western Swiss Railways (Suisse-Occidentale–Simplon, SOS) merged to form the Jura–Simplon Railways (Chemins de fer du Jura-Simplon, JS). Elle est le résultat de la fusion, en 1944, de quatre compagnies : Porrentruy-Bonfol, Saignelégier-La Chaux-de-Fonds, Glovelier-Saignelégier et Tavannes-Tramelan-Le Noirmont. Bond of the Compagnie des Chemins de Fer Jura-Simplon, issued 17 October 1894 The Jura–Simplon Railways was a railway company, which was formed from the 1890 merger of the two most important western Swiss railway companies, the Jura–Bern–Lucerne Railway (JBL), including the Gümligen–Lucerne line belonging to the canton of Bern, and the Western Swiss Railways ( Chemins de … The line, with a length of 25 km (15.5 mi) ran from Saignelégier (Place d'Armes) to La Chaux-de-Fonds, the final kilometre being laid along the streets to the town centre. To these lines was added that between Porrentruy and Bonfol in 1901, between Glovelier and Saignelégier in 1904, both of these being laid to 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) (standard gauge) and finally, in 1910 the 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) (metre gauge) line between Bonfol and Pfetterhouse, this last named being the only closure to date, seeing its last passenger train in 1970. The municipalities and Bürgergemeinden of the Jura purchased a total of over 7 million shares, partially exploiting their forests to fund them. Following the amalgamation of the companies in 1943 a plan to restructure the rail system was put together and over the period from 1946 to 1953 it was put into action. The locomotives were designated according to the uniform system used throughout Switzerland from 1887. The extended route network prompted the railway to change its name to the Jura–Bern–Luzern (JBL). The Jura–Bern–Luzern built the Brünig Railway from 25 August 1886. The Jura bernois was founded in 1874 as a joint-stock company, with the French Chemins de fer de l'Est subscribing CHF 4½ million and the canton of Basel-Stadt subscribing CHF 0.5 million. Chemins de fer vicinaux du Jura Les chemins de fer vicinaux du Jura(CFV) constituaient un réseau de chemin de fer départemental à voie métrique de près de 200 kilomètres ayant desservi le département du Juradurant la première moitié du XXe siècle. Talk:Chemins de fer du Jura. The metre-gauge line with sections of rack connects the two tourist regions of Central Switzerland and the Bernese Highlands. It complemented its network through acquisitions. This company continued to exist even after the bankruptcy of the BLB and, as of 1 July 1882, the JB leased the line from Bern to Lucerne, which now belonged to the canton of Bern. Language; Watch; Edit; There are no discussions on this page. Thus, the Bernese Jura came into possession of the continuous Delle–Bern–Lucerne line, which connected with the Gotthard Railway. Lorsque fut ouverte par la compagnie du Jura Industriel, le 2 juillet 1857, la première ligne de chemin de fer de la chaîne du Jura suisse entre La Chaux-de-Fonds et Le Locle, la plus ancienne voie ferrée de Suisse (Zürich - Baden) n'avait que 10 ans d'existence. Elle se substitue à M. Charles Nithard qui avait obtenu la concession d'un chemin de fer entre Morez et La Cure, dans le département du Jura en 1913 [1]. However, the JN could not earn enough to pay its rent, which made support by the public sector necessary. A new situation arose in 1871, with the cession of Alsace-Lorraine to Germany after the Franco-Prussian War. Am 1. Only the JS had sufficient resources to progress on the construction of the Simplon Tunnel that had been planned for decades. Les Chemins de fer électriques du Jura (CFEJ), est une compagnie créée en 1917. Locomotives and Rolling Stock details are taken from the CJ official stock lists backed up with photographic evidence. The extension from Alpnachstad to Lucerne followed on 1 June 1889. The JB bought the bankrupt Jura industriel (JI) for CHF 3.6 million on 1 May 1875 and the Chemin de fer Porrentruy–Delle (PD) for CHF 1.99 million on 16 August 1876. The bridge over the Birs built by Gustave Eiffel for the Bernese Jura collapsed shortly after the merger. The recession of 1876 and the subsequent "railway crisis" almost bankrupted even the financially solid Swiss Northeastern Railway (Schweizerische Nordostbahn, NOB). The Jura–Bern–Lucerne merged with the Western Switzerland–Simplon Railways (Suisse-Occidentale–Simplon, SOS) to form the Jura–Simplon Railway (Jura-Simplon-Bahn), JS) on 1 January 1890. The Chemins de fer du Jura (CJ), the railways of the Jura canton in north-western Switzerland, came about as the result of an amalgamation, in 1944,[1] of four independent companies connecting Porrentruy to Bonfol, Saignelégier to La Chaux-de-Fonds, Glovelier to Saignelégier and Tavannes to Tramelan and Le Noirmont. The railway network of the Canton of Bern initially developed according to the interests of the Swiss Central Railway (Schweizerische Centralbahn, SCB). With the opening of the first, over 44 km long section from Alpnachstad via the Brünig Pass to Brienz on 14 June 1888, the network of the JBL was significantly extended. The Chemins de fer du Jura (CJ), the railways of the Jura canton in north-western Switzerland, came about as the result of an amalgamation, in 1944, of four independent companies connecting Porrentruy to Bonfol, Saignelégier to La Chaux-de-Fonds, Glovelier to Saignelégier and Tavannes to Tramelan and Le Noirmont. The Grand Council of Bern, decided to conclude a contract with the SCB in 1852. Die Chemins de fer du Jura bernois oder übersetzt Bernische Jurabahnen, kurz Jura bernois, waren eine Bahngesellschaft in der Schweiz. The Jura–Bern–Luzern also took care of the operation of the Bödelibahn (Bödeli Railway, BB) Därligen–Interlaken–Bönigen opened in 1872. .mw-parser-output .RMbox{box-shadow:0 2px 2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.14),0 1px 5px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.12),0 3px 1px -2px rgba(0,0,0,.2)}.mw-parser-output .RMinline{float:none;width:100%;margin:0;border:none}.mw-parser-output table.routemap{padding:0;border:0;border-collapse:collapse;background:transparent;white-space:nowrap;line-height:1.2;margin:auto}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMcollapse{margin:0;border-collapse:collapse;vertical-align:middle}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMreplace{margin:0;border-collapse:collapse;vertical-align:middle;position:absolute;bottom:0}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMsi{display:inline;font-size:90%}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMl1{padding:0 3px;text-align:left}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMr1{padding:0 3px;text-align:right}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMl{text-align:right}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMr{text-align:left}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMl4{padding:0 3px 0 0;text-align:left}.mw-parser-output table.routemap .RMr4{padding:0 0 0 3px;text-align:right}.mw-parser-output table.routemap>tbody>tr{line-height:1}.mw-parser-output table.routemap>tbody>tr>td,.mw-parser-output table.RMcollapse>tbody>tr>td,.mw-parser-output table.RMreplace>tbody>tr>td{padding:0;width:auto;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center}.mw-parser-output .RMir>div{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;padding:0;height:20px;min-height:20px}.mw-parser-output .RMir img{height:initial!important;max-width:initial!important}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMov{position:relative}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMov .RMic,.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMov .RMtx{position:absolute;left:0;top:0;padding:0}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMtx{line-height:20px;height:20px;min-height:20px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMsp{height:20px;min-height:20px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMtx>abbr,.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMtx>div{line-height:.975;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMts{font-size:90%;transform:scaleX(.89)}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMf_{height:5px;min-height:5px;width:20px;min-width:20px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMfm{height:100%;min-height:100%;width:4px;min-width:4px;margin:0 auto}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMo{width:2.5px;min-width:2.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMc{width:5px;min-width:5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMoc{width:7.5px;min-width:7.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMd{width:10px;min-width:10px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMod{width:12.5px;min-width:12.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMcd{width:15px;min-width:15px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMocd{width:17.5px;min-width:17.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_{width:20px;min-width:20px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_o{width:22.5px;min-width:22.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_c{width:25px;min-width:25px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_oc{width:27.5px;min-width:27.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_d{width:30px;min-width:30px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_od{width:32.5px;min-width:32.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_cd{width:35px;min-width:35px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_ocd{width:37.5px;min-width:37.5px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMb{width:40px;min-width:40px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMcb{width:45px;min-width:45px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMdb{width:50px;min-width:50px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMcdb{width:55px;min-width:55px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_b{width:60px;min-width:60px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_cb{width:65px;min-width:65px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_db{width:70px;min-width:70px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_cdb{width:75px;min-width:75px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMs{width:80px;min-width:80px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMds{width:90px;min-width:90px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_s{width:100px;min-width:100px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_ds{width:110px;min-width:110px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMbs{width:120px;min-width:120px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMdbs{width:130px;min-width:130px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_bs{width:140px;min-width:140px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_dbs{width:150px;min-width:150px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMw{width:160px;min-width:160px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_w{width:180px;min-width:180px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMbw{width:200px;min-width:200px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_bw{width:220px;min-width:220px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMsw{width:240px;min-width:240px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_sw{width:260px;min-width:260px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RMbsw{width:280px;min-width:280px}.mw-parser-output .RMir .RM_bsw{width:300px;min-width:300px}, Basel–Delle–Paris–Le Havre train hauled by loco no. The lines extend for a total of 84.8 km of which just over 73 km is metre … This route competed with the route of the Swiss Central Railway (Centralbahn) via Olten, which lost direct access to the railway from Basel to France after the Franco-Prussian War. Chemin is a commune in the Jura department in Franche-Comté in eastern France. This line was extended under the guise of the Chemin de fer Tramelan-Les Breuleux-Le Noirmont to reach Le Noirmont and the whole was electrified in 1913. Die Chemins de fer du Jura, abgekürzt CJ, deutsch Jurabahnen, sind eine Eisenbahngesellschaft im Jura in der Schweiz. Chemins de fer du Jura, Saignelégier. Les Chemins de fer électriques du Jura (CFEJ), est une compagnie créée en 1917. The class designation valid from 1902 is listed in brackets. [note 3]. On 5 November 1994 flooding of the river Var cut the line in several places and forced upon the line a total closure. The following locomotives were available to the Jura–Bern–Lucerne. Sie betreiben ein meterspuriges Schienennetz von 74,3 km Länge, eine Normalspurstrecke von 10,9 km und mehrere Autobuslinien. The Central Railway’s construction now concentrated for a period on the more populated areas in the Swiss Plateau. Les chemins de fer vicinaux du Jura (CFV) constituaient un réseau de chemin de fer départemental à voie métrique de près de 200 kilomètres desservant le département du Jura. For the start of the operations of the Bern-Lucerne Railway Company (Bern-Luzern-Bahn, BLB) in 1875, the BLB and the Bernese Jura formed a joint operating company called the Jura–Bern–Luzern (Lucerne). Le Chemins de fer Jura-Simplon(en abrégé JS) était une compagnie de l'entreprise ferroviairesuisseantérieure à la nationalisation de 1902, créée en 1890 par la fusion de la Compagnie de la Suisse occidentale et du Simplon(SOS) et de la Compagnie du Jura Berne Lucerne (JBL). The SBB renumbered the locomotives taken over after the completion of boiler revisions. Although the concession was granted, it was not built due to lack of funds. Dans l’idéal, il s’agirait de traduire les articles consacrés en allemands aux compagnies de chemin de fer qui furent nationalisée à partir de 1902 à la suite de la décision populaire du rachat en 1898. Historique[modifier| modifier le code] Le Chemins de fer Jura-Simplon(en abrégé JS) était une compagnie de l'entreprise ferroviairesuisseantérieure à la nationalisation de 1902, créée en 1890 par la fusion de la Compagnie de la Suisse occidentale et du Simplon(SOS) et de la Compagnie du Jura Berne Lucerne(JBL). A ce stade, je m’attèle à la traduction d’un article consacré à la Compagnie de chemin de fer «Schweizerische Nordostbahn». On 7 December 1892 the longest of the region's line, the Chemin de fer Saignelégier-La Chaux-de-Fonds (SC) was opened linking the places noted in its title. Seit dem 1. The rugged and economically less developed Jura had a much more limited railway network. A line built across French territory and through the Bernese Jura would connect the Paris–Belfort line directly to the Swiss Plateau. This page was last edited on 13 November 2020, at 07:04. The Delémont–Delle railway, which was financed by French companies, was built and handed over for operations on 23 September 1872. This article has been freely translated from the French site with additional information from that in German. The first company to open a line in the region was the Chemin de fer Tavannes-Tramelan in 1884, the metre gauge line linking the villages in its name. Bwlow is an overview of the history of the Jura bernois and the Jura–Bern–Luzern (O: opening;   T: takeover): The locomotives from the beginning were designated as class A for express-tank locomotives, B for locomotives of "Bourbonnais" design (referring to the Compagnie du chemin de fer de paris à Lyon par le Bourbonnais, a predecessor company of the PLM, which developed the design) for passenger trains on mountain lines and freight trains on valley routes, C for freight locomotives, D for pilot tender locomotives and E for shunters. The Central Railway undertook to build the Murgenthal–Bern line and the Solothurn–Herzogenbuchsee railway within four years and in return received tax exemption and the privilege of being given preferential treatment in future grants of concessions to build railways. In 1927 the two companies amalgamated to form the Chemins de fer Tavannes-Le Noirmont. Saignelégier train station Technical Line length Total: 84.8 km (52.69 mi) metre gauge: 73.8 km (45.86 mi) standard gauge: 11 km (6.84 mi) Die Chemins de fer du Jura, abgekürzt CJ, deutsch Jurabahnen, sind eine Eisenbahngesellschaft im Jura in der Schweiz.